Thank you for your patience while the Latin Academy staff worked to get everything set up for our first ever Latin Academy online! There are a couple of things you need to do by midnight tomorrow (Friday, June 19):
1. Join our Google Classroom. Please check your email for the code. Some of your email addresses may not be compatible with GC. This will almost certainly be the case if you're using an email address provided by your school. If you try to sign up and it says you can't, you will need to use a different email address. If you don't have another email address, you will need to create one.
2. Create a Zoom account if you don't have one already.
3. Send me the email address you use for Zoom in the Google form sent in the email. You MUST be logged into your Zoom account when we have Zoom meetings.
4. Change your last name in your Zoom account to just your last initial. This is hugely important for privacy issues! Also make sure your first name in your Zoom account is the name you want us to call you.
5. Watch the orientation video on GC and check out the other materials in the GLA Online Orientation.
Our first mandatory Zoom meeting is on Monday! I will answer any questions about the curriculum, procedures, etc. during that meeting. If you have technical issues or other questions, please let me know at email@example.com!
This blog will document the MMXX virtual session of the Virginia Governor's Latin Academy.